Tuesday 1 April 2014

Being Grateful to Parents that give back to those less fortunate - Grand Parents Support



Since Studying in the Personal Development Industry and Running my own Home Based Business, it has made me realise just how inspirational my parents are in the lives of many!  Giving back to those that are less fortunate.
Throughout my childhood I was surrounded by lots of Foster children and a full house, it was definitely full of fun and laughter.  I have two adopted sisters that came into my life when I was 12 and then again at 19.  They were saved from a Korean Orphanage :).  I also have 1 biological Brother.
The story that made me realise people can change lives:
As a child I grew up in a small country Town in the Hunter Valley NSW.  Once all of the kids had grown up, my parents decided it was time for a change and to move on.  They decided to have a garage sale, sell everything off really cheap and start a Fresh.
There was 1 young lady that came several times to collect a majority of the house hold goods, my mother spoke with her and said that she had the most amazing smile.   On the last pickup this young lady turned to my mother and said; you don’t remember me do you? My mother said you seem very familiar but I just can’t picture you.  This young girl ended up being 1 of the Foster kids that my parents took in for a period of 4 years from the age of 4 to 8 (now 23)….. My parents had made such a huge impact on her life that she wanted to keep as much as possible as a reminder of a time in her life she felt safe.  My mother was in tears and felt so blessed that she could help!
It is amazing the people we affect in our lives and not even really know or understand the impact we can have. My Studies through out my own Personal Development and Leadership journey have made me really appreciate a lot more and I am so grateful for all that I have.
Thank you to my wonderful parents for inspiring me in so many different ways.  You have always loved, supported and given praise, you deserve it back.  Thank you!
Share something that has inspired you in life!
Bookmark and Share
If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like or share!


To Your Success 
Leisa Timms



Success Education Entrepreneur 
Zumba / Fitness Coach 
To Contact Leisa "Click Here"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and will ensure I get back to you ASAP